Ryan Cooper has an opinion piece in The Week with the provocative title, "America's Constitution is terrible. Let's throw it out and start over."
- Get rid of the Senate filibuster—super majorities are undemocratic
- Radically change the way House members are elected—gerrymandering is just plain wrong
- Neuter the Senate—too damn much power to low-population states
- Elect the president from the House—a separately elected president “increases tyranny and undermine democracy”
- Throw the entire Constitution in the garbage—git rid of the “ancient, janky mechanisms of the American Constitution”