|The core mission of Constituting America is to educate Americans about the Constitution|
Constituting America has initiated its eight annual 90-Day Study. This year, the study is titled Fire on the Floor, and looks at the "Founders’ vision and purpose for a legislature that belongs to, is comprised of, and serves the American people." The essays have already started posting, so take a read here.
I've agreed to write essays on these five subjects.
- Why the Legislative Branch is listed first in Article I of the United States Constitution
- How Congress is designed by America’s Founders so a king could not rule, but instead the American people rule within a civil society
- The United States Congress versus the Confederate Congress During the Civil War
- What should and should not be placed in a bill to keep legislation easy to understand and appropriate
- Impact that running for elected office, and serving in Congress, has on the members and their families